As the Data Engineer/Data Scientist, you would lead our Analytics team to provide actionable data insights to help brands and sellers optimize and grow their e-commerce businesses. The work will involve four parts: a) enhancing our current tools and dashboards, which will involve using Tableau, managing the Hinge Research data lake; b) designing, developing, and maintaining a robust, scalable data architecture to support our SaaS tools; c) expanding our data coverage with new data partnerships and exploring new data sources; and d) leading our data mining efforts to uncover key insights and actionable findings on behalf of our clients.
You will own our Data Tracking and Integrity strategy, working closely with our Product Development, Marketing, and Operations functions, to ensure our information is accurate, complete, and available on a 24x7x365 basis.
What you’ll do:
The role is a combination of both strategic leadership and individual contributor.
- You will work closely as part of our Data Analytics team to track performance, pricing, third party sellers, and other listing health metrics for Amazon, Walmart.com, and other marketplaces.
- You will design, develop, and maintain customer dashboards, reporting frameworks, and analysis leveraging digital analytics platforms including Tableau.
- You will help us set strategy for future data sources and capabilities to continue to expand our data tracking efforts.
- You will support the implementation of our new SaaS data tracking tools, that will draw from our data lake.
- Masters in Data Science or related field
- 4+ years of Data Science/ Analysis with minimum of 2 years of hands-on experience in data scripting languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R etc.)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Knowledge of data management fundamentals and data storage principles.
- Knowledge of distributed systems as it pertains to data storage and computing.
- Cincinnati-based; open to remote worker.
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Applied Math, Economics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, or a related quantitative field with at least 2 years of working experience as a Data Scientist.
- Experience using AWS technologies such as Redshift, S3, EMR, and data pipelines and scaling models into production.
- Experience with Machine Learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Experience developing and delivering on large-scale, cross-functional technical programs in support of business goals.
- Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software, and processes through data analysis and metrics.
- Experience architecting a solution on top of Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience implementing best practices for software engineering, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and making them more effective software engineers.
- Experienced driving ambiguous problem areas in existing or new software initiatives.
- Experience in designing and analyzing large scale experiments.
If you have a curious mind and are always questioning how things can be done better, and you embrace change, join us!
HINGE GLOBAL is an equal opportunity employer.